Sunday, March 20, 2011

On This First Day of Spring...

...I wish all the best to a very special co-worker and friend, who is retiring. We will stay in touch, of course, but there is something to be said and done about the fact that we will no longer work together. The end of an era, what else can I say.

One thing that's very exciting (to me) about my friend retiring is her intention to rekindle her love affair with stamping. She says that about 10-15 years ago she was really into it and has quite the collection of stamps still. I know I'm dying to see it. I'm sure it has quite a few rare gems.

To wish her well in her retirement, I put together a spring themed bag as a gift and made sure some cute acrylic stamps (new technology) were part of it. This gift called for a spring themed card, too, and here's what I created:

Supplies:

Cardstock
Embellishments: Sizzix Embossing Folder, MS border punch, Pearls in Sunshine Yellow, Felt Butterflies by Creative Cafe
Ink: Adirondack in Wild Plum
Stamp: Hero Arts

I specifically didn't crop any of the picture, just so you could see how gorgeous the blue sky was in my neck o' the woods today. :)

Have a gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment