Friday, March 11, 2011

Leaving So Soon?

My (now former) co-worker is moving on to a new position at a different company in the part of the state that I don't visit very often, if ever. Who will supply me now with fresh farm eggs and entertain with stories of her favorite hen Henrietta, I really don't know. I will miss her, though, that's for sure! This, of course called for a card - I couldn't let her get away without one.

I remember seeing a picture of her somewhere (facebook?) riding a bike, so this Mimi stamp seemed just prefect, especially since it symbolized the whole idea of leaving.
Now, you can accuse me of having a passionate love affair with Penny Black stamps, and I say you're right. Even my husband commented and said something along the lines of "This little girl is everywhere!" Yes, she is...
I also had some DCWV cardstock, which I knew I *had to* use, the happy polka dot-y kind.
As a matter of fact, the vision of this entire card was dancing around in my head, ever since I heard my co-worker was leaving:

Supplies
Cardstock: DCWV (Birthday stack)
Ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black
Stamp: Penny Black - Mimi "Easy Rider"
Embellishments: COPIC, Doodlebug Inc button, MS border punch, EK Success border punch, pearls

Have a sparkling evening!

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are amazing! Love them! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That's so very sweet of you :)!

    ReplyDelete