Saturday, October 30, 2010

Welcome baby Aria!

As you may recall, my rule is that new babies always get a card from me.

My friend and his wife welcomed a baby girl a few days ago. They are both from India. I couldn't but to use this very cute Indian elephant from Hero Arts' Exotic Decor set for their card. MS punch in arch lattice works very well with Fiskar's upper crest. DCWV's Citrus and Glitter card stock stacks were used, too. I think it's very Indian and non-baby card-typical, but that's exactly why I like it so much, too...

Very important to mention are Spica pens, which I just found out about today. I think it's safe to say that they will revolutionize the way I make cards. I fell in love at first sight...they add glitter, shimmer, dimension and oooomph! I used them profusely on this card.


I found out about these glorious pens at Wiggles and Giggles during the Copics 102 class held by the very talented Dawn Emanuele. I was taught several blending techniques (yes!). I was explained the whole numbering system, which I largely ignored until today ;). I also realized that the blending pen is basically the solution to world peace - it can do ANYTHING! Very cool! I sure will be using the Copics now more than ever.

Have a fantabulous night!

No comments:

Post a Comment